Monday, August 18, 2008

Panama Update #33

Panama Update #33
August 18,2008

In the last two days I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out the best way to renew my tourist visa. It is good for 90 days, then you have to leave the country for 72 hours and when you return it renews for another 90 days. Through the it is possible to get a work permit for Nikki and the spouse would be covered. But for various reasons, we are probably not going that route. Nikki already has plans to leave the country to go to a conference in Houston in October and another conference in San Francisco in December. I already have tickets to join her in San Francisco, but I need a place to go in October. I was originally planning to go to Houston but the cheapest round trip from Panama is about $900 with added fees. Two airlines here have nonstop 3 hour flights to Miami from here for about $200. That is probably what I will do from Oct. 2-5, while Nikki is in Houston. If anyone has a suggestion for a place to stay in Miami, please let me know. I have never been there. I have also been looking at flights to Bogata, Cartegena, Cali, and San Andreas, Colombia, but they run about $400.

This is what my work schedule looks like this week, but I am sure it will keep evolving over the time we are here:
Monday, Wednesday-Private English Tutoring 8-11 AM, Yoga Class 12-1 PM, Biofeedback 4-5 PM, English class 6-8 PM
Tuesday, Thursday-Private English Tutoring 8-11 AM, Biofeedback 12-1 PM, Yoga 5-7 PM
Friday- Private English Tutoring 8-11 AM