Friday, December 12, 2008

Panama Update #98

Panama Update #98
December 12, 2008

In addition to the blog, I have gotten a lot of writing done here over the last 5 months. I have finished essays called Why Collect Things, Staying Positive, and Home. If anyone is interested in seeing them, send me an email. I have also set a goal of reading in both Spanish and English as much as I can. In English I am reading a anthology of nature writings and in Spanish I am reading a book called El Libro de la Nada by Osho. Both are slow going, especially the Spanish book since I have to look up a lot of words. Since we are about half-way through our stay in Panama I am assessing how to best spend my time for the second half here. It looks like my job at the school will continue, but there will still be some time for other activities.