Thursday, October 2, 2008

Panama Update #58

Panama Update #58
October 2, 2008

I stepped back on US soil today for the first time in 3 months. They let me through customs very easily. The taxi driver from Panama is supposed to pick me up again on Sunday for the next leg of the trip. There will be a lot of back and forth this week. It was only about a 2 hour flight from Panama City to Miami. I got a lot done here in only one afternoon. You forget how easy it is to navigate a city when you speak the language and understand the system. I am staying at a very nice hotel call the Mayfair in a section of town called Coconut Grove. There are a lot of restaurants and stores near-by and the Marina is only 2 blocks away. I picked the hotel from studying it on the internet and I think it worked out. I already have a pay-by-the-minute cell phone to use for the next week and I have figured out how to get to the Whole Foods market on the public transportation system. I found a nice juice bar that makes wholesome sandwiches and a papaya shake and spinach pie for lunch. There is a movie theatre across the street but none of them look appealing. There is a large screen TV in the room and for tonight will probably watch the VP debate and whatever else is on.