Saturday, October 4, 2008

Panama Update #60

Panama Update #60
October 4, 2008

Today my plan was to get up early and take the Metro train to Miami Beach. I wanted to see the downtown area and the beach. It was pouring rain most of the day today, so I got off to a later start when the rain slowed down. They have a main train line and then they have a smaller train line that you can transfer to that runs around downtown. I finally figured it out and made it to the stop I was looking for, but it was still raining so I decided to turn around and head back to the hotel. Not a great day for a bike ride and a walk on the beach. It rained steady for most of the day. I am used to the rain from Panama, but the difference is that Panama rains harder for less time, normally not all day long. At least I got a tour of the city from the train. I am surprised at how enormous the downtown is. I am scheduled to go back to Panama tomorrow for one night before heading out to Houston to meet Nikki.

Hasta Houston