Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Panama Update #158

Panama Update #158
Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today has been the first all-cloudy day we have had for the last few months. It is a clear sign that the dry season is ending. I was caught in a downpour when I went to the Fruit and Vegetable market this morning. Fortunately my plastic poncho was stuffed in one of the pockets of my backpack so I just continued walking in the rain. The rain lasted about 2 hours, but the clouds remain.

I informed them at work yesterday that my last day will be next week. I was going to stay for a couple of more weeks, but since we are going to New York the week after next, it seemed like a natural break. That will give me the last couple of weeks here free to do whatever I need to get ready to leave Panama, such as packing and mailing back some boxes of books, etc.

The Twins-Red Sox game was supposed to be on cable here last night but was rained out. That would have been the first Twins game I had seen on TV this season. They usually only put them on here when they are playing New York or Boston, which is only a hanful of times a year.