Friday, April 24, 2009

Panama Update #159

Panama Update #159
Friday, April 24, 2009

I heard a couple of days ago that the guy who had been filling in at my old job in Minneapolis had to go on Medical Leave for the rest of the school year. They asked me if I could come back and help out. It is tempting, but I told them the earliest I could make it back is in about 3 weeks, or around May 15. Nikki said it is OK with her if I leave a couple of weeks early, but they may not be able to work out the funding details and they would have to have me reinstated early from my Leave. So it is still unclear what is going on with that. My guess is I will hear something by next week. In case that is an option, I have started to speed up the moving back preparations. I went to the Super 99 Supermarket at Albrook Mall and got a bunch of cardboard boxes, packing tape, labels, and a marker. We have a few things to mail back, but not as many as when we came. I have sold and plan to sell or give away more of the things that we had brought down here. We are leaving most of our kitchen stuff for whoever moves in here next. I also went to the artists mall that is close to here and bought a few things for souvenirs and presents. While at the mall I went to a photo place to develop some pictures that we are bring to New York with us for HH. Even if I don't go back early, it feels good to be making good use of the time now and taking care of a lot of the tasks that I need to do, whether I leave early or not.